[ovirt-users] GlusterFS for production use with Ovirt

Punit Dambiwal hypunit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 01:43:31 UTC 2015

Hi,

I want to use Glusterfs with Ovirt 3.5...please help me to make the
architecture stable for the production use :-

I have 4 servers...every server can host 24 SSD disk(As bricks)..i want to
deploy distributed replicated storage with replica =2....i don't want to
use the Hardware RAID...as i think it will badly impact the performance...

1. Glusterfs 3.5 or 3.6 ?? (which one will be stable for the production
use).
2. Do i use the Hardware RAID or Not ??
3. IF HW RAID then which RAID level and does it impact the performance...
4. I want to make it rock solid...so it can use for production purpose...
5. How much RAM should be sufficient on each server...on the each server i
have two E5 CPU's...
6. For Network Connectivity i have 2*10G NIC with bonding on each server...

Thanks,
Punit