[ovirt-users] Ovirt GusterFS assistance

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 09:04:13 UTC 2015

[+ ovirt-users]
On 03/24/2015 01:28 PM, Jonathan Mathews wrote:
> Please note you have not been helpful at all as I have tried many
> things and have not been able to solve the issue and please do realize
> I am trying to do it through the ovirt front end.

You can provide the mount options from the ovirt front end, while
creating the storage domain.
I'm assuming you selected Storage type as "Data/Posix compliant FS" or
"Data/GlusterFS". There is a "Mount Options" field where you can specify
"backupvolfile-server=<list of comma separated host names>". These are
the other nodes on which the volume is replicated. So if the primary
server is down, it will try to use the other servers to get the volume
file. This is useful only when the virt server is first trying to mount
the gluster volume.

Ideally, if your virt hosts are UP,  when one of the gluster servers
goes down, your storage domain should be UP. (even without the
backupvolfile-server option)

I'm not very familiar with oVirt Storage Domain ,so someone from the
oVirt storage team should be able to guide you further.