[ovirt-users] WebGUI: User permissions to Data Center

Ondra Machacek omachace at redhat.com
Tue Mar 24 09:14:38 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 03/24/2015 09:52 AM, shimano wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'd like my users to have access to their VMs via Web UserPortal. And I've
> got it but only in a half, because they see their VMs in Basic view where
> they cannot create or manage VMs. In Extended view they have an error:
>
> "Not available when no Data Center is up."

What roles did you assign to what objects?

In general you can assign VmCreator to cluster and DiskCreator to SD.
Then you should be able to create VM in that cluster and disk in that
storage, and then manage only created vms, no other vms.

Or if you want to manage all clusters in DC, then assign PowerUserRole
on DC.