[ovirt-users] Repeated inability to complete setup of hosted engine

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Wed Mar 25 08:31:26 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

The engine VM will contact your host via SSH in order to deploy it within oVirt; it seams that is failing there.
Cold you please try to connect from the engine VM to the host via SSH?
Could you please attach your host-deploy logs from the engine VM (the should be under /var/log/ovirt-engine/host-deploy/) ?

> 2) how do I pick up from where I left off and use the engine I've
> successfully created?

You can try to run
hosted-engine --deploy --config-append=/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answer.conf
but it success really depends from how and where it stopped on first attempt (a partial failed setup it's by definition a dirty environment)
If you get any warning or errors it would be better to redeploy the engine VM cleaning the shared storage.