[ovirt-users] [Spice-devel] Windows 2012 QXLSpice driver

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 12:00:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

My experience so far with windows 8.1 x64/ win2012 :

to install the systen I used the latest driver iso from fedora :
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/

For the guest tools I used the ovirt-guest-tools iso.
I had to manually extract it from the rpm that I found here:
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-3.5/rpm/el7/noarch/ovirt-guest-tools-iso-3.5-7.noarch.rpm
rpm2cpio ovirt-guest-tools-iso-3.5-7.noarch.rpm | cpio -dvi

Then I used the beta driver from the devs own site :
http://people.redhat.com/~vrozenfe/qxlwddm/

Use at your own risk.

Rob