[ovirt-users] Change network of ovirt-nodes of a self-hosted engine cluster

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 06:44:05 UTC 2015

Il 30/03/2015 08:40, Sandro Bonazzola ha scritto:
> Il 25/03/2015 14:32, Kostyrev Aleksandr ha scritto:
>> Good day!
>>
>> I'm in position when I have to change network settings of three ovirt-nodes that comprise my cluster with hosted engine.
>> Am I correct that to change network is not a big deal and it is possible?
>> My plan was:
>> 1. shutdown all vms (except engine itself) on all nodes.
>> 2. enable maintenance mode on all nodes, except the one with running engine
>
> I think you should use Hosted Engine global maintenance while doing this.
> If for some reason the gateway configured in hosted_engine.conf become unreachable I'm not sure it won't try to migrate the VM.
> Adding Martin to the loop.

Also if for some reason the storage become unavailable during the network settings update, the engine VM will be paused due to missing storage.
I'm not sure about what will happen with the SSL certificates, didi?

>> 3. change network settings in engine node
>> 4. shut engine down with hosted-engine --vm-stop
>> 5. change network settings on all nodes, verify that nodes can ping each other
>> 6. start engine with hosted-engine --vm-start
>> 7. change VLAN tag at Logical Network for VMs
>> 8. activate nodes
>> 9. start vms
>>
>> Does it make sense?

If you manage to end successfully the migration it would be really nice to have a wiki page describing the steps you took for this task.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com