[ovirt-users] Change network of ovirt-nodes of a self-hosted engine cluster

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Mon Mar 30 07:16:43 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

In 3.5+, the certs all use the hostnames, which I understand are not intended
to be changed, so no issue there.

If some of the hosts were deployed with <= 3.4 and upgraded, the certs will
use the IP address, and this will not change unless you manually reinstall
(re-deploy?). Didn't try that. I guess at least some things will fail.

> >> 3. change network settings in engine node
> >> 4. shut engine down with hosted-engine --vm-stop
> >> 5. change network settings on all nodes, verify that nodes can ping each
> >> other
> >> 6. start engine with hosted-engine --vm-start
> >> 7. change VLAN tag at Logical Network for VMs
> >> 8. activate nodes
> >> 9. start vms
> >>
> >> Does it make sense?
>
> If you manage to end successfully the migration it would be really nice to
> have a wiki page describing the steps you took for this task.

Indeed!

Best,
--
Didi