[ovirt-users] How to Config Openvswitch in Hosted-Engine environment(ALL IN ONE) when using Neutron?

zhangjian2011 zhangjian2011 at cn.fujitsu.com
Tue Mar 31 10:18:07 UTC 2015

Hi, Lior,

On 03/30/2015 04:01 PM, Lior Vernia wrote:
> Hello,
>
> You're right. It might be something we should consider adding in the
> hosted engine script - maybe a flag to also install the Neutron agent
> packages?...
>
> For now, there should be an easy workaround as long as you have more
> than one host in your deployment. You could put one host in maintenance,
> reinstall it from the webadmin console while specifying an external
> provider, then once that's done do the same for the other host(s).
Thank you for telling us such a method.

First, I made an OSP5 using packstack with a default answerfile.
and I found neutron is vxlan mode.

Then, we reinstalled the host, and we tried to config the plugin.ini
file, however we did not find br-tun in my host.
How do slove it, create br-tun manually(then what?) or others? any idea?
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Sample Configurations.
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
... snip ...
#
# 3. With VXLAN tunneling.
# [ovs]
# network_vlan_ranges =
# tenant_network_type = vxlan
# tunnel_type = vxlan
# tunnel_id_ranges = 1:1000
# integration_bridge = br-int
# tunnel_bridge = br-tun
# local_ip = 10.0.0.3
# [agent]
# tunnel_types = vxlan

# ip addr | grep br-int
17: br-int: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN
# ip addr | grep br-tun

Regards,
Jian