[ovirt-users] [Users] Compiling ovirt-guest-agent on FreeBSD

Alexandr Krivulya shuriku at shurik.kiev.ua
Wed May 27 04:39:50 EDT 2015

02.02.2015 12:57, Karli Sjöberg пишет:
> On Sat, 2015-01-31 at 23:54 +0200, Alexandr Krivulya wrote:

>>> You know what, sorry about the noise, because it seems as if
>>> virtio-serial isn´t even available on FreeBSD, so it´s moot
>>> anyway... Should probably have looked that up before even getting
>>> started;)
>>>
>>> But besides the fact that it won´t work until that´s sorted, I can
>>> at least say that it configured, compiled and installed OK using
>>> René´s suggestion, cloning from git and building from there.
>> Hello!
>> Now when virtio_console(4) driver available in CURRENT does anyone
>> works on porting ovirt-guest-agent to FreeBSD?
>> plain text document attachment (ATT00001)
> I haven´t tested anything since last time but good to know someone doing
> something:) I can imagine the guest agent would need some tweeking to
> get it running as well:
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-emulation/2013-April/010569.html
> "The VirtIO spec is written with mostly Linux in mind and usually takes
> varying amounts of extra effort to adapt to FreeBSD."

I have successfully build and run guest agent on FreeBSD-Current. It
provides a few information (for example fqdn and logged users) into
admin portal, but all other requires rewriting GuestAgentLinux2.py or
implementing it as separate module. I have no experience in python and
programming itself, but implementing some simple features may be quiet
easy. Can anyone help with it?