[ovirt-users] Finished installing, when creating new VM, the fields are grayed out

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue May 5 09:25:35 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

OVESETUP_AIO/configure=none:None
OVESETUP_AIO/storageDomainName=none:None
OVESETUP_AIO/storageDomainDir=none:None
and so it didn't create a local storage for you.
If you want to setup a local storage please remove them.

In all-in-one setup you are using the same host for the management interface and also as an hypervisor with a local storage on that.
It basically an evaluation configuration just to try it since you are loosing a lot of capabilities there.
In the normal setup you have oVirt engine on one host managing other hosts as hypervisors with a shared storage for that. You can also have hosted-engine setup where the oVirt engine runs on a VM hosted by the hosts that it's going to manage ensuring HA capabilities if well configured (at least two hosts).