[ovirt-users] [ ERROR ] Execution of setup failed , message shown at the end of installation

John Joseph jjk_saji at yahoo.com
Tue May 5 12:12:46 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, 5 May 2015 3:30 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com> wrote:

> I have attached the log files and conf file setup, for reference.

Your error is:
RequestError:
status: 400
reason: Bad Request
detail: Permission settings on the specified path do not allow access to the storage.
Verify permission settings on the specified storage path.

Please check permission and ownership on /home/itsupport/images
It should be owned and writable by vdsm:kvm
Than try again.
----

Hi Simone,

Thansk for the advice
Again I did a system clean up

by doing

# engine-cleanup
# yum remove ovirt-engine
# yum install ovirt-engine
# yum install ovirt-engine-setup-plugin-allinone

checked for the permission in for images and exports dir
[root at server itsupport]# pwd
/home/itsupport
[root at server itsupport]# ls -l
total 8
drwxr-xr-x. 3 vdsm kvm 4096 May  5 07:54 exports
drwxr-xr-x. 2 vdsm kvm 4096 May  5 07:55 images

did "engine-setup"
Selected all the parametes, but this time also I got the same error
[ ERROR ] Execution of setup failed

I have attached the log files and conf file setup, for reference.

Now prior to the engine setup, we did cross check the owenership permissions of exports and images dir.
Guidance and advice requested
Thanks
Joseph John> Now this time also when I create a Virtual Machine image, the fields are