[ovirt-users] [ ERROR ] Execution of setup failed , message shown at the end of installation

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue May 5 12:40:11 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----

I saw that you got the same error:
RequestError:
status: 400
reason: Bad Request
detail: Permission settings on the specified path do not allow access to the storage.
Verify permission settings on the specified storage path.
2015-05-05 07:56:52 ERROR otopi.context context._executeMethod:161 Failed to execute stage 'Closing up':
status: 400
reason: Bad Request
detail: Permission settings on the specified path do not allow access to the storage.
Verify permission settings on the specified storage path.

The problem probably lies in not having eXecute permission for vdsm on /home/itsupport. In order for any user to traverse, not necessarily look into a directory, that user must have execute permission either via a group or via a direct permission.

Please ensure that vdsm user could effectively write there before trying again.
You can check it with:
# sudo -u vdsm touch /home/itsupport/images/wtest