[ovirt-users] updated libvirt for EL7?

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed May 6 14:46:39 UTC 2015

Il 06/05/2015 15:50, Paul Jansen ha scritto:
> Hello.
> I came across a message posting from Sandro from a couple of weeks back that was about providing a libvirt > 1.2.9 for some upstream VDSM testing.
> I would actually be interested in a newer libvirt to take advantage of some of the newer capabilities there.
>
> For now I've found this repo - https://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/openstack/.virt-upstream-el7/ - which has libvirt 1.2.11 packages, built as or
> later December 2014.
>
> Are we likely to see a newer libvirt appear for EL7 somewhere on cbs.centos.org at some stage in the near future?   I'd also be interested in newer
> qemu-kvm-ev packages if these will be built.  I'm currently using the qemu-kvm-ev packages from here -
> http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-testing/x86_64/os/Packages/
> Alternatively, is there some other repository that I can look to for these?
> To preempt the question - I don't want to use Fedora for this and am instead hoping to find EL7 packages as EL7 is currently standard in my lab.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Paul, qemu-kvm-ev is available in http://cbs.centos.org/repos/virt7-testing/x86_64/os/Packages and in
http://resources.ovirt.org/pub/ovirt-master-snapshot/rpm/el7/x86_64/

I'm going to update it for 3.5.z too following
Bug 1215744 - Rebuild qemu-img-ev and qemu-kvm-ev to include fix for "Bug 1203543 - bdrv_make_zero() passes a too large nb_sectors value to
bdrv_write_zeroes()" as soon as it will be available.

For libvirt, vdsm guys solved without requiring a newer version so we're not going to build a newer version for now.