[ovirt-users] autologin into vm desktop

Adolfo agomez at virtualcable.es
Thu May 7 03:03:48 UTC 2015

Yap, that the solution i was thinking about as "last resort".

We have direct connection to engine, and currently we get connection
parameters as this (after initializing connection, etc...):

             display = vm.get_display()
             ticket = vm.ticket().get_ticket()
             return {
                 'type': display.get_type(),
                 'address': display.get_address(),
                 'port': display.get_port(),
                 'secure_port': display.get_secure_port(),
                 'monitors': display.get_monitors(),
                 'cert_subject': display.get_certificate().get_subject(),
                 'ticket': {
                     'value': ticket.get_value(),
                     'expiry': ticket.get_expiry()
                 }

So we get all we need to connect. (we replace with returned data the
".vv" file created by oVirt admin on connect, and it works). Don't know
exactly right now how to use vdsClient code for this, but i have already
seen that it uses xmlrcp, so maybe, i can "invoke" the desktopLogin
command using directly xmlrpc... will see

We will make some tests on this, and let's see what happens

Thank you very much for your help ;)

Adolfo Gómez