[ovirt-users] hosted engine vm network access

Yedidyah Bar David didi at redhat.com
Thu May 7 07:13:27 UTC 2015

(Ccing users list)

----- Original Message -----

But you wrote below that you have also eth1 ?

> i installed the ovirt repo
>
> i run hosted-engine, follow the questions, i set bridge at eth0 and set
> the FQDN of the vm at hevm.lab.lan (which is present in the /etc/hosts
> file of my Centos7 server with ip 192.168.42.116)
>
> i can see on my Centos7 Server that i have a new interface named
> ovirtmgmgt with the the ip previously set for eth0 and now eth0 has no
> ip address but i can still ssh to my centos7 serverthrough ovirtmgmt
> interface i presume...

Indeed - this is a normal linux bridge

> here is my bridge conf of my centos7 server
>
> #brctl show
> bridge name     bridge id               STP enabled     interfaces
> ;vdsmdummy;             8000.000000000000       no
> ovirtmgmt               8000.000c29de8495       no              eth0
>

> Once my VM is created (hevm.lab.lan), i connect to it again through vnc
> and  i set an ip address manualy like:
> # ifconfig eth0 192.168.42.116/24
> # route add default gw 192.168.42.254
>

> to resume, i can only ping my centos7 server and no other host on the
> same subnet and no internet access.

I assume you can only ping the address of the ovirtmgmt bridge (192.168.42.114).
Can you ping the address of eth1?

> i hope i explained my problemin a maner that you could help me.

Still not enough details.

Where are eth0 and eth1 connected?

Please provide the details I asked for below. Thanks!

Best regards,

--
Didi