[ovirt-users] GetGlusterVolumeAdvancedDetailsQuery & GetGlusterVolumeProfileInfoQuery when using seperate storage network

Jorick Astrego j.astrego at netbulae.eu
Thu May 7 08:04:49 UTC 2015

On 05/06/2015 08:15 PM, knarra wrote:
> On 05/06/2015 11:22 PM, Jorick Astrego wrote:

>>> This means that glusterd is not running on this node. you could
>>> check the status of glusterd by running the command 'service
>>> glusterd status'.
>>>
>>> please start glusterd by running the command 'service glusterd
>>> start' on both of your nodes.
>>>
>>> Ideally when glusterd goes down node in ovirt should move to
>>> non-operational. Because of this BZ 1207150 as of now it is not
>>> changing the state to non operational.
>>
>> There is no glusterd on the compute nodes in our setup, we have two
>> clusters. One for virt hosts only and one for GlusterFS only.
>>

>> Like I said, everything is Up and running fine. It's just that I
>> can't get the stats because the hostname != GlusterFS NIC ip

>>> Did you import already existing cluster ?
>>
>> No, I provisioned the nodes. Added them to our glusterfs cluster
>> (with virt service disabled) and created the volume manually.
>>
>> oVirt auto-discovered the manual created volume after that.
>>
>>     Error: No brick  *glustertest1.netbulae.test*:/gluster/brick1 in
>>     volume data
>>
>>     Hostname: *10.1.1.3*
>>
>> Things should work better in 3.6 (bz1049994), but I don't see any
>> code changes to "GetGlusterVolumeProfileInfoQuery" linked to this in
>> Bugzilla.
>>

> HI Jorik,
>
>     For more information on using separate storage network please
> refer to the following feature page.
>
>     http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Select_Network_For_Gluster
>
> Thanks
> kasturi.

I don't think you understand completely, the page you refer to is for
3.6. I'm running 3.5.2 without this feature.

The question was, will this get fixed along with the changes in 3.6 as I
don't see any code changes refering to the statistics/profiling of the
gluster volume......

It will take less time testing 3.6 to find out than trying to explain it
any further ;-p