[ovirt-users] GetGlusterVolumeAdvancedDetailsQuery & GetGlusterVolumeProfileInfoQuery when using seperate storage network

Sahina Bose sabose at redhat.com
Thu May 7 10:07:21 UTC 2015

On 05/07/2015 01:34 PM, Jorick Astrego wrote:

> On 05/06/2015 08:15 PM, knarra wrote:

>>> There is no glusterd on the compute nodes in our setup, we have two
>>> clusters. One for virt hosts only and one for GlusterFS only.
>>>

>>> Like I said, everything is Up and running fine. It's just that I
>>> can't get the stats because the hostname != GlusterFS NIC ip

>>> No, I provisioned the nodes. Added them to our glusterfs cluster
>>> (with virt service disabled) and created the volume manually.
>>>
>>> oVirt auto-discovered the manual created volume after that.
>>>
>>>     Error: No brick *glustertest1.netbulae.test*:/gluster/brick1 in
>>>     volume data
>>>
>>>     Hostname: *10.1.1.3*
>>>
>>> Things should work better in 3.6 (bz1049994), but I don't see any
>>> code changes to "GetGlusterVolumeProfileInfoQuery" linked to this in
>>> Bugzilla.
>>>

>> HI Jorik,
>>
>>     For more information on using separate storage network please
>> refer to the following feature page.
>>
>> http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Select_Network_For_Gluster
>>
>> Thanks
>> kasturi.
>

> I don't think you understand completely, the page you refer to is for
> 3.6. I'm running 3.5.2 without this feature.
>
> The question was, will this get fixed along with the changes in 3.6 as
> I don't see any code changes refering to the statistics/profiling of
> the gluster volume......
>
> It will take less time testing 3.6 to find out than trying to explain
> it any further ;-p

Yes, it should. As we have changed the way we identify the brick name
based on whether a different network was used to add the brick.
Earlier, the brick name was blindly thought to be <hostname>:<mount path
to directory>. Now the ip address of the interface is used to identify
the brick, if a different interface was used.

We're yet to test out all the flows, but theoretically it should work :)