[ovirt-users] overt node el6 to el7 upgrade

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Mon May 11 17:30:03 UTC 2015

Hi Chuck,

I also have not upgraded my hosts from el6 to el7 but I am about to do
it soon. IMHO it is as simple as

for every el6 host

1) move one el6 host to maintenance (to migrate all guests out of it)
2) remove that host from manager
3) reinstall this host with el7
4) add this new host in manager
5) migrate guests to el7 host

be careful, you can (live)migrate guests from el6 to el7 but not the
other way!

Cheers, Jiri