[ovirt-users] Windows Internet connection issue

Rik Theys Rik.Theys at esat.kuleuven.be
Tue May 12 19:54:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

On Tue, 12 May 2015, gefter chongong - NOAA Affiliate wrote:
> We are running oVirt Engine Version: 3.5.0.1-1.el6, this is running on Super micros. We have 5 hosts in a cluster on VMs built on this. Hosts Network interfaces are bonded and mode 4
> (LACP). On the bonds we have VLANS for different networks, and all linux vms built on these hosts work and can access the internet.
>
> We are having issues with windows VMs. They cannot access the internet. Pings to external sites work, no failures, DNS not an issue but when browsing pages, the page keeps spinning and
> would not open...
>
> Anybody experience this issue, would be greatful for any pointers.

We had an issue with windows vm's on RHEL 7.1 hosts in that
they would have _very_ slow network access and the host would log a lot of
WARNING messages in the system log about skb_warn_bad_offload.

We were able to fix this by disabling LRO (large receive offload) on the
NICs. You can try that manually and if it resolves your problem you can
use the procedure described on
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Network_Custom_Properties about
ethtool_opts to have oVirt set the necessary properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rik