[ovirt-users] missing disk after storage domain expansion

Andrea Ghelardi a.ghelardi at iontrading.com
Fri May 15 10:30:07 UTC 2015

Thank you for your reply!
I'm unsure if the disk contained any snapshots. I do not think so.
Is the register action a safe one to do in production system? I wouldn't
mess any of my existing running servers.

Here the relevant logs from the date
./engine.log-20150501.gz:2015-04-29 16:10:40,868  : disk creation
("hertz_disk5" newImageId = 4ab070c0-fb16-452d-8521-4ff0b004aef3)
./engine.log-20150512.gz:2015-05-04 17:22:42,691  : last  occurrence of the
imageid

Please note from
./engine.log-20150512.gz  2015-05-11 12:07:16,719 : creation of two disk OVF
store (??) on the same storage domain 7a48fe46-2112-40a4-814f-24d74c760b2d
right after the volume expansion

In the instructions.txt  what I did to enlarge the volume (and lose the
disk) (the guides is informational only, I followed the steps on a different
server)

Here some cats to thank you in advance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfTY41-zC7Y
AG