[ovirt-users] Regarding assigning Logical Networks to Network Interface

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Wed May 20 09:09:47 UTC 2015

Hi,

     I am trying to create a network called 'gluster network' and attach
it to the network interfaces. After attaching the Logical Network to the
network interface i see that ONBOOT in the ifcfg files is set to 'no'.Is
this expected behaviour or is there any bug on this which will be fixed
soon?

     Another question, a network interface has static ip address and
assigned with logical interface. When i try detaching the Logical
Network, IPADDR and NETMASK gets removed from the ifcfg file. Is this
expected?

       Have a NIC which has dhcp address and assigned with logical
network. Now  i want to assign a static address to that. I went a head
and modified the config files to have the static ip address and
performed refresh capabilities on that host. My ip address in the UI
changes, but when i go the set up Host networks tab i see that for my
logical network dhcp is selected and i do see the static address in the
ip address and netmask text boxes.

     ONBOOT is set to no, when i try creating bonds for my interfaces.
My interfaces which are participating in the bond + the bond.

can some one help me understand how above things work with ovirt.

Thanks
kasturi.