[ovirt-users] glusterfs takes a long time to syncing after host has been rebooted

Soeren Malchow soeren.malchow at mcon.net
Mon May 25 11:49:46 UTC 2015

Hi,

This is strictly speaking a gluster issue, not an ovirt issue, however, first of all, it does take very long to resync, that is normal, second, we have vey good experiences so far in tuning a few of the parameters in gluster

These are the ones (at least partly) we modified

cluster.data-self-heal-algorithm        diff
cluster.background-self-heal-count      16
performance.io-thread-count             32
performance.high-prio-threads           24
performance.normal-prio-threads         24
performance.low-prio-threads            16
performance.least-prio-threads          4

Check

#> gluster colume get VOLUMENAME all

For more

And even after optimization it will still take very long

Regards
Soeren