[ovirt-users] Disable Multipathing?

Daniel Helgenberger daniel.helgenberger at m-box.de
Tue May 26 21:03:10 UTC 2015

On 26.05.2015 20:14, Kiril L wrote:
> Multipath makes mounting HDDs harder not to mention emergency mode and
> "device-mapper: table: 253:6: multipath: error getting device
There was a discussion about this quite recently [1]; reading this might
be inserting, too. The reason for this is the general 'to fit everyone'
approach of the default multipath.conf.

> I do not have multiple paths to the storage. In my case can i disable
> Multipath - is there a right way to do it or i have to use black
> listing?
You can blacklist everything, no problem. But you need make some changes
to your mulipath.conf. Please just add the lines and do not remove or
disable any services:

to the second line (2) in multipath.conf, add

# RHEV PRIVATE

to keep host-deploy from overwriting the file.

Then, somewhere in the file:

blacklist {
        devnode "*"
}

Then, you need to run:
multipath -d -v3

to test (it should now list all devices as blacklisted) and if successful:
multipath

Effectively blacklisting everything while dm-multipah continues to run.

Please note, if you are running oVirt node, you also need to run

persist /etc/multipath.conf

Also, you have to do this on every host in your data centers naturally.

[1] https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg26314.html
--
Daniel Helgenberger
m box bewegtbild GmbH

P: +49/30/2408781-22
F: +49/30/2408781-10

ACKERSTR. 19
D-10115 BERLIN

www.m-box.de  www.monkeymen.tv

Geschäftsführer: Martin Retschitzegger / Michaela Göllner
Handeslregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg / HRB 112767