[ovirt-users] Manually preconfigured network interfaces/bridges on oVirt 3.6 HC HE

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Nov 2 08:52:22 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 1:48 AM, Giuseppe Ragusa <giuseppe.ragusa at hotmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I'm stuck with the following error during the final phase of
> ovirt-hosted-engine-setup:
>
>           The host hosted_engine_1 is in non-operational state.
>           Please try to activate it via the engine webadmin UI.
>
> If I login on the engine administration web UI I find the corresponding
> message (inside NonOperational first host hosted_engine_1 Events tab):
>
> Host hosted_engine_1 does not comply with the cluster Default networks,
> the following networks are missing on host: 'ovirtmgmt'
>
> I'm installing with an oVirt snapshot from October the 27th on a
> fully-patched CentOS 7.1 host with a GlusterFS volume (3.7.5
> hyperconverged, replica 3, for the engine-vm) pre-created and network
> interfaces/bridges (ovirtmgmt and other two bridges, called nfs and lan, on
> underlying 802.3ad bonds or plain interfaces) manually pre-configured in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-interfaces/ifcfg-* (using "classic" network service;
> NetworkManager disabled).

If you manually created the network bridges, the match between them and the
logical network should happen on name bases.
If it doesn't for any reasons (please report if you find any evidence), you
can manually bind logical network and network interfaces editing the host
properties from the web-ui. At that point the host should become active in
a few seconds.
When the host will become active you'll can continue with
hosted-engine-setup.