[ovirt-users] VDSM downgrade and GlusterFS question

Christophe TREFOIS christophe.trefois at uni.lu
Mon Nov 2 23:14:14 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have two questions. I have a cluster with 2 nodes, both have local storage, one GlusterFS (for future upgrade) and one NFS.

1. I have slightly different versions of KVM and VDSM on both nodes. Can this lead to problems? If so, can I downgrade , eg yum history rollback the latest updates?

2. On the other host, I have self-hosted oVirt with GlusterFS and am wondering what would be the proper workflow to upgrade VDSM and KVM ? Do I have to shutdown the storage first? If so, does that mean shutting down all the VMs?

Any help on this topic would be very welcome,

P.s.: I know our setup is not ideal for HA and resilience, but we do with what we have :)

—
Christophe