[ovirt-users] Why rbd support is not natively available just like glusterFS?

Gaetan SLONGO gslongo at it-optics.com
Tue Nov 3 13:55:58 UTC 2015

Hello,

Noboy knows ?

Thank you !

----- Mail original -----

De: "Gaetan SLONGO" <gslongo at it-optics.com>
À: "users" <users at ovirt.org>
Envoyé: Lundi 2 Novembre 2015 09:57:00
Objet: [ovirt-users] Why rbd support is not natively available just like glusterFS?

Dear oVirt users,

We are currently looking for a virtualization solution and oVirt seems to be a good choice for us.
The problem is we have to deploy it on the top of a Ceph/RBD storage.

Maybe I missed something but it seems Ceph/RBD block devices are not available in oVirt, just like GlusterFS. However Qemu supports it as a native storage backend. Could you explain why it is not available ?

We saw Ceph storage could be usable through OpenStack Cinder in the 3.6 version but we don't want/need to deploy an OpenStack infrastructure (and we don't found complete documentation about that).

Any help on this topic would be much appreciated

Thank you for advance,

Best regards