[ovirt-users] ovirt DB 3.6 to empty 3.6 DB

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 08:44:36 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 1:37 AM, paf1 at email.cz <paf1 at email.cz> wrote:

> Hello,
> can anybody help me with importing oVirt DB v.3.5 to new clean oVIrt 3.6
> database ??

Importing to a different release is not supported cause only the setup
script was in charge of upgrading the DB structure for the newer release.

The easiest solution is to temporary install engine from 3.5.5 somewhere (a
VM could do the job), upgrade it to 3.6.0 and than export the DB again when
done.
At that point you could import the 3.6 ready backup on its final
destination.