[ovirt-users] MacSpoof with multiple VM's -> bad/slow response on 3.5.3

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Sun Nov 8 08:31:17 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 08, 2015 at 04:56:42AM +0100, Matt . wrote:
> Updated Pfsense, rebooted where failovers where done, same issues
> occures in some way when the FW was rebooted or turned off/onn again.
>
> I happens randomly but is a pain in the ass to debug as you are
> expecting it should not vanish :)
>
> CARP IP's are not working anymore, sometimes they are... and finally
> you find out... macspoofing is gone as setting on the VM.

Is it a setting of the VM, or the more modern setting on the vnic
profile?

NOTHING in oVirt changes custom properties like this by its own
volition. Could you share your vnic profile definition, and you VM
definition when they are properly configured. Then, please share how
they look after the setting is "gone".

Then, maybe you can pinpoint when the definition is changed, and by
whom. engine.log may provide clues.