[ovirt-users] Ovirt 3.6 | After upgrade host can not connect to storage domains | returned by VDSM was: 480

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 07:13:02 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:10 AM, Punit Dambiwal <hypunit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Yes...i am using replica 2...but it was ok in the ovirt 3.5 and even i am
> able to attach it via command line but from the protal cannot work..

Allon, Sahina, I'm pretty sure this is not a bug but a feature. I remember
to have seen something in the vdsm conf file for allowing to use a
different replica level.
I think that a couple of lines in the 3.6 release notes should be added.
Can you please take care of documenting this change there?

> Thanks,
> Punit
>
> On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 7:52 PM, Amador Pahim <apahim at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> On 11/06/2015 05:07 AM, Punit Dambiwal wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> After upgrade to host with ovirt 3.6 i am not able to attach the storage
>> domain to host...storage domain can be add through command line but from
>> ovirt dashboard as active host can not..
>>
>> engine logs :- https://paste.fedoraproject.org/287499/
>>

>> 2015-11-06 15:01:51,103 ERROR
>> [org.ovirt.engine.core.dal.dbbroker.auditloghandling.AuditLogDirector]
>> (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-78) [40bde6e1] Correlation ID: null, Call
>> Stack: null, Custom Event ID: -1, Message: The error message for connection
>> gluster.3linux.com:/sata returned by VDSM was: 480
>>

>> Checking the error 480 in vdsm:
>>
>> (vdsm/storage/storage_exception.py)
>>
>> class
>> UnsupportedGlusterVolumeReplicaCountError(StorageException):
>>
>>     code =
>> 480
>>
>>     message = "Gluster volume replica count is not supported"
>>
>> Seems like you're not using a replica 3 gluster volume.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Punit

Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com