[ovirt-users] Upgrade method for 3.5 node

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon Nov 9 07:30:48 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 3:45 PM, Phil Daws <uxbod at splatnix.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have upgraded my engine to 3.6 (el6) and would now like to do the same
> on my 3.5 (el7) node.  The node was built using a minimal Centos7 ISO and
> then I installed the 3.5 rpm.
>
> How best would I go about performing the upgrade please ?

So this is not an ovirt-node but a minimal CentOS installed with 3.5 right?
In this case you can try the new 3.6 feature Host Upgrade Manager: here's a
video about how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDzBNKu5pyQ
Or you can move the host to maintenance, install ovirt-release36 on it and
use reinstall command from the web ui.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Home/Features/UpgradeManager

> Thanks, Phil

Sandro Bonazzola