[ovirt-users] ISO Domain empty after upgrade oVirt from 3.5 to 3.6

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Nov 10 16:46:06 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 4:52 PM, Stefano Danzi <s.danzi at hawai.it> wrote:

> Il 10/11/2015 16.40, Simone Tiraboschi ha scritto:
>

> On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Stefano Danzi <s.danzi at hawai.it> wrote:
>
>> Solved!
>>
>> inside the image directory there was this link:
>>
>> lrwxrwxrwx. 1 root root         54 02 nov 12.14 ovirt-tools-setup.iso ->
>> /usr/share/ovirt-guest-tools-iso/ovirt-tools-setup.iso
>>
>> removing the link all was solved.
>>

> Hi Stefano,
> that link has been created installing oVirt guest tools rpm.
> Was that ISO storage domain exposed via NFS?
> Was it exported by the engine VM/host?
>
> thanks,
> Simone
>

> Hi!
>
> The link was a my attempt to have ovirt-tools-setup.iso always updated on
> oVirt CD list.
> I made the link just before upgrading, so maybe that cause errors also in
> 3.5

OK, so it's not a bug of the upgrade process.

The issue is that basically the symbolic link on NFS got resolved on the
NFS client and not on the NFS server where the file was.
So you have to manually position that iso file exactly in the same path on
each of your hosts or, much better, directly that file into your ISO
storage domain instead of creating a broken symlink.
Then probably VDSM could be a bit more robust here.