[ovirt-users] missing glusterfs support in hosted engine appliance

Jiří Sléžka jiri.slezka at slu.cz
Wed Nov 11 08:29:51 UTC 2015

Hello,

>     I am playing with oVirt3.6 hosted engine on glusterfs. Installation
>     seems to work without problems but after login to manager it looks
>     like whole "volumes" tab is missing and also settings regarding
>     gluster service (also virt service) in cluster edit window...
>
>     I use CentOS7.1 on both hosts and hosted engine was deployed from
>     appliance in ovirt repo.
>
>     Also when I try to add a new storage domain (data, glusterfs) I get
>     error
>
>     Operation Canceled
>
>     Error while executing action Add Storage Connection: Internal Engine
>     Error
>

>     Here is engine.log
>
>     http://pastebin.com/MB3CaCDx
>

>     I can see this nice error...
>
>     "The connection with details '10.224.102.91:/vol5-strip2-rep2'
>     failed because of error code '480' and error message is: 480"
>
>     ...but have no idea what does it mean :-)
>

> "Gluster volume replica count is not supported"
>
> (taken from https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=480 )
>
> Can you make sure you have a replica count of 3 on your Gluster?

as I red in another thread it looks like in 3.6 is supported gluster
volume only in replica 3 setup.

I am using replica 3 for hosted engine but for data I tried to connect
"stripped-replicated" volume (replica 2).

It looks like I could try modify supported replica count in vdsm config
to solve this (this is just my testing, not production).

But what about missing "Volumes" tab in manager?

Thanks,

Jiri Slezka