[ovirt-users] migrate to Hosted engine set up using ovirt node 3.6

Alastair Neil ajneil.tech at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 17:01:01 UTC 2015

Hi

I am in the process of upgrading my ovirt DC to 3.6.  I would like to
migrate to hosted-engine with gluster replica 3 storage in the process.
The engine has been upgraded and I have installed 3 of the VM hosts in one
cluster  using the ovirt-node iso.  I have three other VM hosts in a
separate cluster to upgrade.

I see an option to configure the hosted engine through the node admin login
tui, however I have not found any up to date instructions on how to perform
a migration to hosted using the ovirt-node.  I thought I'd ask a few
questions before I started:

Should I connect and approve the node in the current engine prior to
configuring the hosted engine?
Does the node hosted-engine-setup provide a pause to restore the engine db
from the external engine? Or even better a facility to upload the database
backup file?

Any feedback gratefully received.

Thanks, Alastair