[ovirt-users] upgrade to oVirt 3.6 and compabitibility 3.6

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 09:44:00 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 12, 2015 at 10:40 AM, Paul Groeneweg | Pazion <paul at pazion.nl>
wrote:

> OK, I understand, I would need to upgrade my Hosts to go to 3.6.
>
> I think I read somewhere I can't mix EL6 and EL7 hosts in the same
> cluster, is this true?

You can have a mix of EL6 and EL7 hosts with 3.5 cluster compatibility in
place.
But you have to notice that you can do live migrations in direction EL6 -->
EL7 but not the reverse.
SO you have to care about this for your migration strategy.
Probably bettere to update at least two hosts to EL7 before beginning to
place critical VMs on them.
HIH,
Gianluca