[ovirt-users] upgrade to oVirt 3.6 and compabitibility 3.6

Paul Groeneweg | Pazion paul at pazion.nl
Thu Nov 12 12:00:54 UTC 2015

Hi Dan,

I followed the described procedure:

1. put hosted engine in global maintenance
2. yum updated engine-setup
3. ran engine-setup and did updgrade
4. Next day ( all running fine ) I started update of the hosts with yum
update.
5. I did not put host to maintenance.
6. As soon as yum updated/finished the errors started
7. I tried to restart services, ovirt-ha-agent, ovirt-ha-broker, vdsm no
luck.
8. I put a host to maintenance and restarted machine ( did this for all
hosts )
9. On the last host the hosted engine refused to migrate, the error was
something, HA filter no available host. ( I noticed the score was 0 with
hosted-engine )
10. I put hosted engine to global maintenance and powered off the hosted
engine and rebooted the final host.
11. I put hosted engine back online and it restarted.
12. Error was gone.

I did had old meta data ID entries in my hosted-engine listing, these are
now also cleaned, maybe it had to do something with these?

I send the log file of one of the hosts to your email.

Let me know if you want more info.

( issue with compatibility version is clear, I need to upgrade EL6 to EL7 )

Met vriendelijke groeten,
Paul Groeneweg

> --
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Paul Groeneweg
Pazion
Webdevelopment  -  Hosting  -  Apps

T +31 26 3020038
M +31 614 277 577
E  paul at pazion.nl

 ***disclaimer***
"This e-mail and any attachments thereto may contain information which is
confidential and/or protected by intellectual property rights and are
intended for the sole use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use of the
information contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or
partial reproduction, communication or distribution in any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender either by telephone or by
e-mail and delete the material from any computer. Thank you for your
cooperation."