[ovirt-users] Community Newsflash: Local oVirt events

Mikey Ariel mariel at redhat.com
Fri Nov 13 11:57:54 UTC 2015

As a part of the community activities for 2016, I'm excited to share
with you that we'll be boosting local oVirt activities in a city near you!

===============================
What is a "local oVirt event"?
===============================

Local events include (but are not limited to) meetups, workshops, or
hackathons, focused on bringing oVirt users and contributors together to
share stories, celebrate milestones, learn something new, or collaborate
on oVirt projects.

We're also hoping to collaborate with other open-source user and
developer groups, much like our upcoming oVirt/Foreman meetup in London[1].

===============================
Where will these events happen?
===============================

Anywhere you are! oVirt is a global community and we're happy to support
our regional users and contributors all around the world.

Suggestions for cities where you'd like to see the oVirt community get
together and grow are welcome, but we need your help to make it happen!

===============================
How can we make it happen?
===============================

At the core of any local technology event is the local community. Sadly,
I am not yet omnipresent, so I probably won't be able to personally
organize or attend all of these wonderful future events.

If you would like to:

* Help to coordinate a meetup, workshop, or hackathon in your city

* Give a workshop or a talk about an oVirt-related topic at a local user
or developer group (cross-project integration sessions are especially
welcome!)

* Lead a sprint or hackfest on an oVirt project or task

* <your crazy and awesome idea here!>

Subscribe to events at ovirt.org[1] and introduce yourself. This list will
be used to brainstorm, coordinate, and discuss ideas for oVirt-related
events.

NOTE: Official event announcements will be made to
announce at ovirt.org[2], so if you just want to be notified of upcoming
events, you can subscribe to that list instead.

Looking forward to meeting you!
Mikey

--
Mikey Ariel