[ovirt-users] Crate brick button gray out.

knarra knarra at redhat.com
Sat Nov 14 07:42:42 UTC 2015

On 11/12/2015 09:16 PM, Iosif Radu wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> brand new with ovirt. I'm trying to use it to manage my gluster set-up.
> For testing purpose I've installed 3 Centos 7 machines, one for the
> engine and the other two as glusterfs nodes.
> All machines are using the 3.6 repo version. Both nodes have an extra
> hard disk to be used by gluster.
>
> Everything went smotth, I activated and installed the nodes and I have
> no errors in engine.log or in deploy logs.
>
> My understanding was that I can create bricks and use them to create
> volumes in ovirt.
>
> The extra hard disks I have for nodes are formated as xfs and mounted.
> I can see them in the engine admin interface but the "create brick"
> button is grayed out.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

     Once user selects a disk which is free then the create brick button
will get enabled.

If you have some disks listed under the storage devices sub tab which
does not have a lock symbol associated with it, then select the disk and
you can see that create brick button will be enabled.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
kasturi.