[ovirt-users] oVirt 3.6 and gluster volumes

Richard Neuboeck hawk at tbi.univie.ac.at
Tue Nov 17 13:34:17 UTC 2015

Thanks for the answers!

On 11/16/2015 05:48 PM, Simone Tiraboschi wrote:
> It should be automatically imported but we have a know open bug on that:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/1269768

Is there anything I can help with?
Resetting and reinstalling isn't a problem. So I would gladly test
packages or anything else if necessary.

>     If I have a separate VM volume I guess I need to create a 'New
>     Domain'. If I do that the over lay window in the UI that allows me
>     to enter the glusterfs connection details clears. I see an animated
>     circle in the middle but nothing happens. There is no entry in the
>     engine log or the in any host log. If I wait long enough the UI
>     terminates the session and I'm at the login again.
>

> This one seams a new issue.
> Can you please attach VDSM from your host?

This was my fault I guess. I did create two separate storage volumes
but thought I could manage them under the same 'storage domain
name'. So I gave the same domain name to the newly added vm storage
as I did during the deployment of the engine. It seems that adding a
new domain that has the same name as an existing doesn't fail with
an obvious error. But this is probably related to the failed auto
import of the engine storage domain.

Giving the engine storage domain a different name than the vm
storage domain makes adding an additional gluster storage volume
possible without problems.

Cheers
Richard

--