[ovirt-users] Hosted-engine-setup

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Thu Nov 19 10:57:35 UTC 2015

On Thu, Nov 19, 2015 at 11:16 AM, Martin Sivak <msivak at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> hosted-engine has to be executed on a physical host (or a nested host
> with all the proper CPU flags) that supports KVM virtualization. That
> means linux kernel and the vmx flag in /proc/cpuinfo iirc.
>
> I am also adding Sandro who is the maintainer of the setup tool as he
> might have some additional insights.

In hosted-engine the engine will run as a VM so if your host is a virtual
machine too you are going to create a nested deployment. To create a nested
env you need to:
- enable nested virtualization on the external hypervisor, follow here as a
reference if you are using oVirt
http://www.ovirt.org/Vdsm_Developers#Running_Node_as_guest_-_Nested_KVM
- if you are using oVirt as your external hypervisor, disable no-mac-spoof
filter on the physical hypervisor otherwise your engine VM will no have
network connectivity at all. You can proceed following this instructions:
https://github.com/oVirt/vdsm/tree/master/vdsm_hooks/macspoof