[ovirt-users] Importing gluster SD from geo-replicated volume

Ivan Bulatovic combuster at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 06:32:25 UTC 2015

On 11/20/2015 06:33 AM, Sahina Bose wrote:

> On 11/19/2015 11:21 PM, Ivan Bulatovic wrote:
>> Hi, I have two DC's (both initialized), two-node each, and on the
>> first one I have a replica 2 gluster storage domain that is
>> geo-replicating on a replica 2 slave volume on the second DC (managed
>> within the same engine). When I stop the replication (volumes are
>> synced) and try to import the gluster storage domain that resides on
>> the slave, import storage domain dialog throws a general exception.
>>
>> Exception is raised when vdsm loads the list of backup servers so
>> that the backup-volfile-servers mount option could get populated. If
>> I override that in storageServer.py, so that it always return blank,
>> or when I manually enter this option in the import storage domain
>> dialog, then everything works as expected.
>
> This problem is addressed in Ala's patch -
> https://gerrit.ovirt.org/#/c/48308/
> Are there multiple interfaces configured for gluster at the slave
> cluster ?

I've created a separate network and marked it as a gluster network on
both datacenters, but I haven't used transport.socket.bind-address
option to bind gluster to those particular interfaces. But peers were
probed via hostnames that are resolving to the address of the interfaces
that belongs to the gluster network without any aliases.

Nir mentioned this bug a few days back (that Ala's patch addresses), but
I've managed somehow not to connect the dots. I am using a host in the
cluster to connect to the volume, but the host is not a part of the
volume info even though it is the same host, just different hostname
that is pointing to a different network interface on that host.

I'll test the patch and provide feedback,

Thanks Sahina.