[ovirt-users] 3.6: GlusterFS data domain failover?

Wee Sritippho wee.s at forest.go.th
Fri Nov 20 11:09:43 UTC 2015

Hi,

My POC environment have 2 hosts - host A and host B, both are CentOS7.
Installed oVirt 3.6 self-hosted engine. I manually created a 2-brick
GlusterFS volume using both hosts and added it to my datacenter.

I tried shutting down host A. The hosted-engine restarted in host B
within 3 minutes, which is very cool. However, the GlusterFS data
domain, which I set both 'Use Host' and 'Path' to the host A, is down
along with it.

Here comes my questions:
1. How can I enable failover GlusterFS data domain?
2. How can I reverse back to the state before adding the data domain?
The data domain is super persistent - I can't edit or delete it. I put
it to maintenance mode but still unable to detach or destroy it because
it requires me to remove the datacenter first. I tried but can't remove
the datacenter either.
3. Why can't I add another GlusterFS data domain? When I choose
'GlusterFS' as my 'Storage Type' every text field become grayed-out.
4. When host A restarted again, I notice that 'Use Host' was changed
from host A to host B instead. Is this an expected behavior?

Regards,
Wee Sritippho

P.S: Please excuse my poor English.