[ovirt-users] 3.6 master hosted engine setup error

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 11:38:47 UTC 2015

On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 11:57 AM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

>> Hello Simone,
>> always trying to setup a working environment from master using self
>> hosted engine
>> I'm using the appliance at the link you provided, because it seems that
>> the ovirt-appliance rpm is outside from master repo (I suppose due to its
>> size and daily mirrors effort?)
>>

> It's basically for the size, we'll fix it when we'll move to new
> infrastructure.
>

>> But it seems it remains stuck at
>>
>> [ INFO  ] Connecting to the Engine
>> [ INFO  ] Waiting for the host to become operational in the engine. This
>> may take several minutes...
>>
>> in this phase I see that the engine vm is not up
>>

> This looks strange, the engine should be up at that point.
>

>> In /var/log/libvirt/qemu/HostedEngine.log
>> 2015-11-24 10:51:15.576+0000: shutting down
>>

> Can you please attach vdsm logs and /var/log/messages from your host to
> let me check why the VM died?
>

>> and both ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent are down and yet disable at
>> host side.
>>
>> and at the end
>> [ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
>> [ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
>> [ ERROR ] Timed out while waiting for host to start. Please check the
>> logs.
>> [ ERROR ] Unable to add hosted_engine_1 to the manager
>> [ INFO  ] Saving hosted-engine configuration on the shared storage domain
>> [ INFO  ] Shutting down the engine VM
>> [ INFO  ] Enabling and starting HA services
>>           Hosted Engine successfully set up
>> [ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
>> [ INFO  ] Generating answer file
>> '/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151124123248.conf'
>> [ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf'
>> [ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
>> [ INFO  ] Stage: Termination
>>
>> Perhaps is it better to configure a separate self hosted engine os and
>> not use the appliance?
>> Or all the sef hosted engine in master is broken right now and I have to
>> wait?
>>

> I tryied it a couple of days ago with the appliance and it was OK.
> I think is worth now to had CI jobs also from master.
>

>> On the same infra if I configure 3.6.0 in the same way I have no problem.
>> I'm working at snapshot level in virt-manager so I can revert back just
>> to before the phase where I enable of 3.6-master repo on host.
>>
>> Let me know if you want me to test anything.
>>
>> Gianluca

Actually after I manually started ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent at
host side, the engine vm has been started.
And I was able to: access it, put infra in maintenanance, shutdown all and
then restart host and exit form maintenance with the engine vm started
again and accessible....
I also see italian shown as a possible language, so it is indeed master
version and I can begin to crosscheck... ;-)

To analyze the ERRORS I got from host deploy phase, you can find

messages in tar.gz format here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvckRNbUdzWDQ2bWc/view?usp=sharing

ovirt-hosted-engine logs in tar.gz format here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvZzVBZXBNRzlvRkk/view?usp=sharing

vdsm logs tree in tar.gz format here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvcGZjSFFlTDd1aDA/view?usp=sharing

engine side logs in tar.gz format here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvTHBqMjlCaktOUzA/view?usp=sharing

Output of some commands (let me know if you want me to run other ones to
crosscheck if the installation is ok from all points of view):

[root at ovc71 qemu]# hosted-engine --check-liveliness
Hosted Engine is up!

[root at ovc71 qemu]# hosted-engine --vm-status

--== Host 1 status ==--

Status up-to-date                  : True
Hostname                           : ovc71.localdomain.local
Host ID                            : 1
Engine status                      : {"health": "good", "vm": "up",
"detail": "up"}
Score                              : 3400
stopped                            : False
Local maintenance                  : False
crc32                              : 6a8e8808
Host timestamp                     : 1510

due to the bug that the storage domain of hosted engine is not shown inside
the web admin portal I cannot crosscheck from the gui....

But from the gui itself the host results as unresponsive (enjoy the italian
... ;-) so there is indeed something not correct, I hope fixable without
reinstall... see print screen

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvUEpRS2RteXhiWjQ/view?usp=sharing

Gianluca