[ovirt-users] Delete disk references without deleting the disk

Johan Kooijman mail at johankooijman.com
Sun Nov 22 16:14:31 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I have about 100 old VM's in my cluster. They're powered down, ready for
deletion. What I want to do is delete the VM's including disks without
actually deleting the disk images from the storage array itself. Is that
possible? At the end I want to be able to delete the storage domain (which
then should not hold any data, as far as ovirt is concerned).

Reason for this: it's a ZFS pool with dedup enabled, deleting the images
one by one will kill the array with 100% iowa for some time.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards,
Johan Kooijman