[ovirt-users] MAC OS

Vinzenz Feenstra vfeenstr at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 07:46:06 UTC 2015

On 11/20/2015 04:14 PM, Nir Soffer wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Ollie Armstrong <ollie at fubra.com> wrote:
>> As far as I am aware, the OS X EULA requires installation to be on
>> Apple branded hardware.  So unless you're oVirt Host is running on
>> Apple hardware you'd be breaking the EULA of OS X.  This is likely why
>> it isn't part of the OS option list in oVirt.
> Yea, but this between the user and Apple, oVirt does not care what do you run
> on your vms.
>
>> On 16 November 2015 at 04:56, Budur Nagaraju <nbudoor at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Does oVirt supports Mac OS ? if so which option do I need to select under
>>> "operating system " .
> I don't think this option matter. oVirt supports anything that qemu
> and kvm support.
>
> Quick search suggests that it works:
> http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~somlo/OSXKVM/
>
> Some features require guest agent, which is probably not available for OS X,
> but I guess it is possible to port the ovirt-guest-agent to OS X.
Yeah it's not available at this point. Some things might work out of the
box others will probably need fixing, the guest agent wasn't ported yet
to any *BSD either.
However the biggest problem for the port will be the VirtIO support
without that, there won't be a guest agent for OSX.

--
Regards,

Vinzenz Feenstra | Senior Software Engineer
RedHat Engineering Virtualization R & D
Phone: +420 532 294 625
IRC: vfeenstr or evilissimo

See how it works at redhat.com