[ovirt-users] Allowing a user to manage all machines in a pool

Nicolás nicolas at devels.es
Mon Nov 23 12:18:31 UTC 2015

Any hints to this, please?

-------- Mensaje original --------
De: Nicolás <nicolas at devels.es>
Fecha:20/11/2015  18:39  (GMT+00:00)
Para: users at ovirt.org
Asunto: [ovirt-users] Allowing a user to manage all machines in a pool

Hi,

We're running oVirt 3.5.3.1-1, and we're currently deploying some Pools
for students and teachers, so each has access to one machine in the
pool. Thus, each of them is granted the UserRole in the pool. Now the
teacher is asking us to allow him access to all students' VMs via the
Web GUI to evaluate their work.

Is there a permission to accomplish that? In worst of cases I will
detach the VMs from the pool and grant the teacher the UserRole on each
of them, but I'd like to know if there's a "cleaner" way.

Thanks.

Regards,

Nicolás