[ovirt-users] Highly Available in 3.6 and USB support

jaumotte, styve s.jaumotte at maine-et-loire.fr
Mon Nov 23 14:10:02 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

After testing some features on 3.5, we are planning to finaly go to 3.6. Some problems still exist.

A major problem still remain on the < Highly Available > option on vm wich doesn't work. I had a cluster with 4 engines and a simple vm. When I start a poweroff from the node where this vm is living, the node is shutting down but my vm doesn't restart on another node of the cluster. The power managment of all the node are correctly configure. The HA feature of then hosted-engine is working well (except it is very long).

Another problem consist of passing usb host device to the virtual machine. We've got some specials usb keys for activating old application and we need to attach this key to vm. At first, I try with standard usb mass storage key to test this approach. I can't start virtual machine when I add usb device, I always have the message < The host ... did not satisfy internal filter HostDevice because it does not support host device passthrough >. Have any idea where I can find an HowTo to help me ?

Tanks for your help,

SJ