[ovirt-users] Highly Available in 3.6 and USB support

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Mon Nov 23 16:00:37 UTC 2015

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 3:10 PM, jaumotte, styve <
s.jaumotte at maine-et-loire.fr> wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> After testing some features on 3.5, we are planning to finaly go to 3.6.
> Some problems still exist.
>

> A major problem still remain on the « Highly Available » option on vm wich
> doesn’t work. I had a cluster with 4 engines and a simple vm. When I start
> a poweroff from the node where this vm is living, the node is shutting down
> but my vm doesn’t restart on another node of the cluster. The power
> managment of all the node are correctly configure. The HA feature of then
> hosted-engine is working well (except it is very long).

HA capability for the engine is provided by the HA agents running on each
hosted-engine host. HA capability for other VMs is provided by the engine
only if specifically enabled.
Can you please attach engine logs relative to that issue?

> Another problem consist of passing usb host device to the virtual machine.
> We’ve got some specials usb keys for activating old application and we need
> to attach this key to vm. At first, I try with standard usb mass storage
> key to test this approach. I can’t start virtual machine when I add usb
> device, I always have the message « The host … did not satisfy internal
> filter HostDevice because it does not support host device passthrough ».
> Have any idea where I can find an HowTo to help me ?

did you tried with the hostusb vdsm hook?

Tanks for your help,