[ovirt-users] 3.6 master hosted engine setup error

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 11:43:50 UTC 2015

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 1:32 PM, Simone Tiraboschi <stirabos at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:07 PM, Gianluca Cecchi <
> gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com> wrote:

[snip]

>>> Hello,
>>> retrying from master, as the problem solution should have been merged.
>>> But it seems the package for the appliance is not available now...

[snip]

> This one is simply the appliance from 3.6 so everything else looks correct.
> The appliance build from master is here:
>
> http://jenkins.ovirt.org/job/ovirt-appliance-engine_master_create-rpms-el7-noarch_merged/

Hello Simone,
always trying to setup a working environment from master using self hosted
engine
I'm using the appliance at the link you provided, because it seems that the
ovirt-appliance rpm is outside from master repo (I suppose due to its size
and daily mirrors effort?)

But it seems it remains stuck at

[ INFO  ] Connecting to the Engine
[ INFO  ] Waiting for the host to become operational in the engine. This
may take several minutes...

in this phase I see that the engine vm is not up
In /var/log/libvirt/qemu/HostedEngine.log
2015-11-24 10:51:15.576+0000: shutting down

and both ovirt-ha-broker and ovirt-ha-agent are down and yet disable at
host side.

and at the end
[ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
[ INFO  ] Still waiting for VDSM host to become operational...
[ ERROR ] Timed out while waiting for host to start. Please check the logs.
[ ERROR ] Unable to add hosted_engine_1 to the manager
[ INFO  ] Saving hosted-engine configuration on the shared storage domain
[ INFO  ] Shutting down the engine VM
[ INFO  ] Enabling and starting HA services
          Hosted Engine successfully set up
[ INFO  ] Stage: Clean up
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file
'/var/lib/ovirt-hosted-engine-setup/answers/answers-20151124123248.conf'
[ INFO  ] Generating answer file '/etc/ovirt-hosted-engine/answers.conf'
[ INFO  ] Stage: Pre-termination
[ INFO  ] Stage: Termination

Perhaps is it better to configure a separate self hosted engine os and not
use the appliance?
Or all the sef hosted engine in master is broken right now and I have to
wait?
On the same infra if I configure 3.6.0 in the same way I have no problem.
I'm working at snapshot level in virt-manager so I can revert back just to
before the phase where I enable of 3.6-master repo on host.

Let me know if you want me to test anything.

Gianluca