[ovirt-users] Move cluster between datacenters

Simone Tiraboschi stirabos at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 17:32:01 UTC 2015

On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM, Dael Maselli <dael.maselli at lnf.infn.it>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have an environment with two data centers with some clusters in each
> one. Each cluster has one or more dedicated FC storage domains.
>
> We have some management problem because adding storage to one cluster
> means to add it to all nodes of all clusters in the same data center, by
> the way I found this a little overkill and I think it should be managed
> like networks.

Anyway, to resolve out problems we would like to create a new datacenter
> and move a cluster from old data center to the new one, obviously with it's
> own storage domain.
>
> Is there a way to do this without export/import all vms?

If you allow a downtime, the simplest option is to detach your storage
domain (you cannot detach the storage domain if it is the last available
cause you always need a master storage domain within your datacenter) from
your old data center and attach it to the new one once you created a new
cluster and you migrated some hosts here.