[ovirt-users] Problem with Adding Pre-Configured Domain

Roger Meier roger.meier at 4synergy.com
Wed Nov 25 09:50:19 UTC 2015

Hi Ivan,

The problem is their is no warning in the webUI. I can press the button
and nothing happens (i only see the error message in the logfile) no
error, i stuck in the config UI.

I tried now another approach based on your idea. I turned the master
storage domain into maintenance mode and changed the nfs path and
activated it again with the new share path. After this ovirt used the
slave storage and i can start the VM's of the snapshot and read/write on
it. After the test i switched back with modify the nfs path and started
the VM on the master storage without problem. This works if master
storage is completly lost and i must switch complete to the slave storage.

The only problem now is for the use case if only one VM had a problem
and I only need the snapshot data which is on the slave storage. I read
your link, and this can perhaps be that what i need, but at the moment
it looks like
a feature that is on status implementation since october last year.
Perhaps it works when i add a new VM on the data storage which create's
empty disk images (or use the existing broken VM) and after that i copy
the disk images from the slave storage over the empty disk images. But
this woul'd be in the console and fault-prone.  An way to import
snaps/replicated storage domains would be realy cool.

Greetings
Roger